Welcome to the first Leading with Care monthly newsletter from the College of Education and Health Professions at the University of Arkansas. As I begin my second year as dean, I am excited to provide you—our alumni and friends—regular updates about our college.

Last year was full of accomplishments for the college. Our enrollment surpassed 6,000 students for the first time. We established a Dean’s Executive Advisory Board comprised of alumni, community partners, and other stakeholders committed to the college’s vitality and advancement. We celebrated an important milestone in our college’s 150-year history—the 25th anniversary of adding “health professions” to our name. We increased support for faculty research and developed new collaborations across education and health programs. And our faculty and staff received over 100 external awards totaling more than $21 million.

Building upon this momentum, we launched our WE CARE Strategic Plan last month. WE CARE, which stands for the Wellness and Education Commitment to Arkansas Excellence, provides a bold vision and a clear direction for how we will foster a caring culture, advance impactful research, and expand our service to Arkansas.

The events of recent years have emphasized the importance of integrating insights from both health and education to respond to complex societal challenges and improve people’s lives. I am excited about how the strategic plan will help us identify and leverage synergies across our diverse programs to advance innovation in education and healthcare in Arkansas and beyond. There’s more to read about the strategic plan later in this newsletter, and I encourage you to visit wecare.uark.edu to learn about all our goals, strategies, and action items.

As you’ll see, one of our goals is to strengthen connections with alumni, partners, and stakeholders. This newsletter is a first step in keeping you better informed about our important work. I hope you’ll enjoy reading our college’s updates in Leading with Care each month. To stay even more connected to us, I invite you to follow our college @uacoehp on FacebookTwitter, and Instagram.

With care,

Dean Kate Mamiseishvili